Tuesday, April 6, 2010

#14: That Funny Feeling

Starring: Sandra Dee, Bobby Darin
Dir: Richard Thorpe (1965)

Bad: Not much! This movie doesn't pretend to be anything it's not, so how can it miss?
Good: It's just as charming and adorable as it can possibly be! Seeing Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee together is always fun - you can sometimes catch little gestures and moments that appear unscripted between them. I also loved Donald O'Connor in this, because he will always be hilarious to me... even if he is a dork... because I am a dork! (And I find other dorks appealing.)

Summary: To compare it to the last fluffy, innuendo-filled '60s comedy I watched, I'd say this wasn't as good. The laughs weren't as consistent, and the plot was just as implausible, only less entertaining to watch as it unfolded. But I still liked it, though -- I'm going to keep plugging away at the Sandra/Bobby subgenre for a while and see what else turns up. I have faith!

Stars: 3 of 5

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH. Seriously.

    One of my most favorite movies ever. This is hugely because I completely adore Bobby + Sandy!

    Have you seen their other two films together yet? Come September is probably the most brilliantly hilarious of the three, but If A Man Answers is still good. Just not my UTTER favorite!

    ReplyDelete