Monday, December 23, 2013

#43: The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Starring: Robert Mitchum, Peter Boyle, Richard Jordan, Joe Santos
Dir: Peter Yates (1973)

Just a screencap tour of Boston, courtesy of The Friends of Eddie Coyle. Not a lot of movies are shot so thoroughly on location like this anymore. Recognizing most of these places made me feel very Boston legit!

Holla, Red Line! I sit on you!
Holla, banks of the Charles! You're on the Boston side, I can tell! You're about to sell something illegal.
OH HEY IT'S THE T
But let's take a second to spot the guy who got his nose busted in The Sting, and give me a deep bow of respect for placing him BY HIS VOICE before this close-up.
Nothing special, just a cool scene. Was this shot in Dorchester? Something was shot in Dorchester. OH WAIT THIS GUY GETS SHOT IN DORCHESTER.
Time to check up on these fashions.
Still waiting while we notice how much this guy looks like Helena Bonham Carter.
Holla Government Center! I go to music festivals in you! And play pianos in you!
This is how Robert Mitchum orders a bourbon. THAT many fingers.
I'm ordering it like that from now on.
BRUINS!
TD GARDEN!
Wait wtf no helmets?!?
Robert is drunk oh wait CELTICS!
"Take Memorial Ave. to the Mass Avenue Bridge. I gotta get rid of this gun." ZOMG BOSTON!
SUP CALLAHAN TUNNEL, U LOOKIN GUD GRL
Oh hai Union Oyster House in the background! Kinda Haymarket area I think. P.S. Spoiler alert Eddie dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment